Holly Chang, President of the Golden Bridges Foundation, recently traveled to Chengdu to speak at the inaugural Rotary China Conference on October 19-20, 2013.
Rotary is a global network of business and professional leaders united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is one of the largest international humanitarian service organizations in the world. Rotary in China has been around since 1919, focused on providing meaningful community service and encouraging strong business ethics in the marketplace.
Although Rotary has had a presence in China for many years, this conference was the first-ever Rotary Conference in China.
The keynote speakers included:
- Dr. John G. Thorne, AM JP, Past Rotary International Director
- “Engage Rotary – Change Lives”
- Dr. Carter Tseng, Founder & CEO, Little Dragon Foundation (Education & VC)
- “The 3 Movements of Life”
- Jason Inch, Author, China’s Economic Supertrends
- “China’s Demographic Supertrends: How entrepreneurship and urbanization are supporting economic development and new communities in China”
Rotarians from around China spoke in panels and guest speaker, Holly Chang, spoke about “The 5 Buckets of Philanthropy”, mapping out China’s philanthropic sector.