Beijing, in our Hutong Courtyard office.
Join Our Team
We are a fun, passionate, startup team that happens to believe we can change the world.
Join our rock-star team for the summer/ semester to support our online community, campaign and outreach development.
In support of the 100,000 Strong Initiative, Project Pengyou is currently developing a massive grassroots campaign to mobilize Americans with frontline China experiences to become ambassadors for our mission of promoting US-China people to people exchange, and encourage more Americans to study Mandarin and study abroad in China. Interns will play an important role in assisting us to roll out this campaign!
We are looking for interns who are flexible, hard-workers and passionate about US-China exchange. Interning at Project Pengyou is a great way to learn about the not-for-profit world, practice your Chinese and get great work experience. Our interns hold a lot of responsibility and have the opportunity to have frequent and direct access with our CEO/Chief Pengyou.
- Possible Work Assignments:
- Research, scan and compile social media reports and other information related to our programs and missions
- Translate, polish and write sector-related articles & marketing copy
- Administrative support duties
- Prepare logistics and participate in strategic team brainstorms
- Event management and support
- Web development & design assignments
- Video production assistance
- Outreach/Community organizing for our campaign
- Ability to travel to our Beijing office
- Can commit to at least 2-3 months on a part-time/full-time basis
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Self-starter but works well with a team
- Bilingual, with either English or Chinese as native language
- Passion for the Project Pengyou vision of building constructive relations between the US and China and a good understanding of our American user-base
- Highly Desired:
- Strong writer, especially for online content
- Avid social media user
- A natural sense of how to deliver a fun, smooth user experience online
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator
- Video/Film editing skills
(Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Intern positions are unpaid. We provide the required invitation letter to assist interns in obtaining their visa.)